Our Candor Threads Cookbook!
Looking to try something new this Thanksgiving? We all love to cook here at Shop4ties, so we’ve put together a list of some of our favorites for you to try. We’d love to know how your versions turn out, so send us a message if you try a recipe. Bon Appetit!
Emmi’s Turkey Brine Recipe
|2 cups brown sugar||5 cloves garlic|
|1 cup kosher salt||2 tbs red chili flakes|
|3 cups apple cider||3 sprigs rosemary|
|3 tbs whole peppercorns||3 sprigs thyme|
|4 whole bay leaves||Peel of 3 oranges plus juice|
- Combine all ingredients in a pot and bring to a boil until sugar and salt dissolve.
- Allow to cool completely then in a large non-corrosive pot combine with 2 gallons cold water. Submerge turkey in brine solution, cover, and refrigerate for 24 hours.
- When ready to roast the turkey, remove from brine and rinse turkey in cold water. Allow to sit in clean water for 15 minutes to remove excess salt.
- Remove turkey from water, pat dry and roast according to your normal roasting method.
April’s Crockpot Green Beans
These green beans end up rich, savory, and tender, all without extra pork fat! They’re quick to put together; you can even have these cook overnight to be ready the next day.
|1 – 24 oz bag frozen green beans||2-4 tbsp liquid smoke|
|2 – 32oz vegetable broth/stock||3-4 tbsp toasted sesame oil|
|1/2 large vidalia onion||1-2 tbsp salt|
- Dice or slice onions, however you prefer eating them
- Put green beans and onions in a crockpot and cover with vegetable broth
- Add toasted sesame oil, liquid smoke, and salt to taste
- Let soak on high for 6-8 hours until beans are tender and soft — 8 hours is best if you can wait
- Strain the green beans out and, if you like, save the broth for making extra-flavorful mashed potatoes, gravy, or dressing!
Rhonda’s Sweet Potato Casserole
You can make this the night before and put it in the fridge and keep the oatmeal cookie topping separate. When you’re ready to bake it, take the casserole out so it’s room temperature and then bake it and put the crumble on top of it.
|7 sweet potatoes, large||For Topping:|
|1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened||14 3″ crisp oatmeal cookies, broken up|
|1/4 cup brown sugar||6 tablespoons unsalted butter, cold, cut up|
|1/4 cup orange juice|
|1/4 sweet orange marmalade|
|1 tablespoon fresh ginger root, finely grated|
|2 teaspoons salt|
- Preheat the oven to 450F and butter a baking dish, 13″ x 9″ x 2″. Prick potatoes and bake on a foil-lined baking sheet in the middle of the oven until very soft, about 1.5 hours.
- Scoop the flesh into a large bowl and mash with butter, sugar, orange juice, marmalade, ginger root, and salt. Spread potato mixture evenly in baking dish. Potato mixture may be made 1 day ahead and chilled, covered. Bring potato mixture to room temperature before proceeding.
- Make topping: in a food processor, grind the cookies fine. Add butter and pulse motor until mixture resembles soft cookie dough. Wrap topping in wax paper and chill until firm, about 2 hours. Topping may be made 1 day ahead and chilled, covered.
- Preheat oven to 400F. Crumble topping over potato mixture and bake in the middle of the oven until topping is browned lightly, about 25 minutes.
Becky’s Slow Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup
|2 – 10 oz cans diced tomatoes with green chilies, undrained||1 onion, chopped|
|3 whole skinless, boneless chicken breasts||1 – 12 oz can or bottle beer|
|1 – 15 oz can black beans||1 – 1.25 oz package taco seasoning|
|1 – 15 oz can whole kernel corn, drained||shredded Cheddar cheese (optional)|
|1 – 8 oz can tomato sauce||sour cream (optional)|
|1 – 16 oz can chili beans||crushed tortilla chips (optional)|
- Add taco seasoning, and stir to blend.
- Lay chicken breasts on top of the mixture, pressing down slightly until just covered by the other ingredients. Set slow cooker for low heat, cover, and cook for 5 hours.
- Remove chicken breasts from the soup, and allow to cool long enough to be handled. Stir the shredded chicken back into the soup, and continue cooking for 2 hours.
- Serve topped with shredded Cheddar cheese, a dollop of sour cream, and crushed tortilla chips, if desired.
- Place the onion, chili beans, black beans, corn, tomato sauce, beer, and diced tomatoes in a slow cooker