We enjoy sharing meals here at Candor Threads, and so we thought we’d share some of our favorite recipes for the summer with you!
Becky’s Corn Salad with Feta and Walnuts
- 1 cup walnuts-chopped
- 4 cups fresh corn kernels-from 4 ears, raw or cooked
- 2 jalapenos, seeded and thinly sliced
- 2 Tbs fresh lime juice
- 2 Tbs Olive oil
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta
Heat oven to 400 degrees. Spread the walnuts on a rimmed baking sheet and toast until fragrant, 6 to 8 minutes.
In a large bowl, combine the corn, jalapenos, lime juice, oil, walnuts, 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper.
Sprinkle with feta before serving.
April’s Tomato Pie (based on the Wildflower Cafe Tomato Pie recipe)
- 8-10 fresh roma tomatoes, sliced
- 2 cups balsamic vinaigrette
- 1 baked pie crust
- 3/4 cup organic mayo (the high-quality flavor is worth it!)
- 3/4 grated cheddar
- 3/4 grated mozzarella
- 6-8 fresh basil leaves, chopped (about 2-4 tablespoons)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Meanwhile, marinate the sliced tomatoes in vinaigrette for 30 minutes, then drain. Layer the tomatoes in the baked pie crust. Combine mayo, cheeses, and basil in a separate bowl, then pour over the tomatoes.
Baked for 30 minutes or until lightly brown. Enjoy!
Emmi’s favorite Apple Crisp recipe
- 3-4 Granny Smith apples, peeled and sliced thin
- 3 tbls melted butter
- 1 tbls lemon juice
- ½ tspn vanilla extract
- ¼ cup light brown sugar
- 1/8th tsp ground cinnamon
- Pinch salt
Toss everything together, set aside in fridge
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- ½ cup flour
- ½ old fashioned oats
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- Pinch salt
- 1 stick unsalted butter cut into pieces
Combine all (I just use my fingers) until crumbly
Pour apple mixture into 8X8 in baking dish, and sprinkle crumble filling on top evenly. Put a few pieces of butter all over.
Bake in preheated oven 375 degrees for 30-35 mins.
Remove from oven and let cool. Serve warm with vanilla ice-cream!!! Yayyy!